Wednesday, October 24, 2012

are you ready for this?

I was going to try to come up with a clever way to tell this story, but I am exhausted and it hasn't come to me over the course of several days worth of attempts. So you get what you get and you don't throw a fit -- m'kay?

The thing is, I'm in love. And I felt very private about it, which is why I have been so absent this past month. You remember our doggy friend Annabelle? Well, it turns out that her owner has become first a friend and now the man with whom I envision my future. The complication is that he is nearly twice my age, I've known him for half my life, and he lives next door to my parents. It was slightly awkward in the beginning, but now I think we are beginning to adjust to this massive change in all of our lives.

I don't know if I feel like sharing much more than that right now, but I felt like the readers I have left deserved an answer. And yes, he makes me very, very happy. He is good to David, he treats me like a treasure, he calms me down when I am frazzled, and we make each other laugh. I feel as though I have found my partner in life and that feels pretty amazing.






4 comments:

Kristiem10 said...

I have a huge grin on my face right now! I am so happy for you. I knew the Lord had perfect guy for you! Love you!

Bonnie@TheFragileXFiles said...

That is wonderful, and the best reason ever for a blogging absence!

Laura said...

Your happiness makes my own heart burst :) I hope you'll introduce him to your blog readers when you/he feel like it. xoxo

Susanna House said...

That's lovely, so happy for you!
Susanna (mom of 6, daughter 12 and son 7 with fxs and autism.