- Last week I was wondering how I would make it to pay day (today) when my mom came home from visiting my aunts with a card from one of them with a prepaid credit card. I bought groceries, diapers, and a few fun things for me and Little Man.
- Tuesday night I lost the key to my apartment and maintence was unable to let me in because they don't have a list of the tennants. Little Man and I slept at Oma and Opas (where Oma helped out BIG time by buying me clothes for work the next day and letting me sleep when Punkin woke up in the middle of the night). The next day the office people made me a new key in just a few minutes and for only $10. If they hadn't had a copy of my key in the office, I would have had to pay to have the locks changed.
- Thursday I slept until 7:45 a.m. when Punkin walked over and started talking at me. I am supposed to be at work at 7:15. But, if there was any day to oversleep, Thursday was the perfect day for a number of reasons.
- Every time I felt bleh this week, a friend (Jennie, Amy, Laura V) or my mom called. Just because.
- I am a consultant for The Pampered Chef. I need an energy boost for the business. I just reached $15,000 in career sales, and I wanted to celebrate with my director, ect. at National Conference in Chicago. Today I called my mom and told her "There's no way I can go to National Conference. The money just isn't there." I was bummed. Not even a half an hour later, after coming to terms with it and feeling good that I had the money to pay the bills that need to be paid--trips are fun and beneficial, but not neccessary--I opened my mailbox to a card from Little Man's Godparents. There was a sizable check to cover the trip and more.
So, in a lot of ways, if you looked at my week, you could say it kinda sucked. I got locked out, I overslept HUGELY, I was broke, I haven't had a good nights sleep in about 2 weeks, and I felt a little trapped and lonely. But God had a plan the whole time. I wish I could remember that more clearly when I am panicking. =) So, I have some prayers to say and some thank-you notes to write. And life is good. It's not always easy, but it is good. I don't make a lot of money, but I get to pick up my son at 2:15 every day. I don't have fancy clothes or a great apartment, but my friends don't care. They still come for margaritas.
And that is the way the Lord provides.